Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Podcasting as a strategy in world media domination


It may be that I have a face made for radio. (Listen to me on the radio here)

Regardless, one cannot have world media domination with just one channel. Hence, in our never ending quest to acquire minions - ahem, players for 7 Generation Games - Maria and I will be starting a podcast soon.

Topics we have planned include:

  • I'm not going to apologize because my child is smart
  • Anti-bullying: Teach your kid not to be a little asshole
  • Being women programmers in a brogrammer world
  • Running a startup is hard and other memos from Captain Obvious
  • Ask AnnMaria Anything
  • Parenting Like I Know What I'm Doing
  • 10 people I want to bitch-slap 
  • Making the world a better place through actually doing something
  • I'm offended that you're offended
  • What the hell kind of question is that? (Example: Do you know any actual Indians? Seriously? We're a spin off of a company founded on an American Indian reservation.)
  • The mind-bending craziness of working with school systems (Yes, I will send you again the form I sent you last week. It's not like I have anything to do.)

You might be wondering why, other than our natural awesomeness, we would want to start a podcast. 

It's been a bit frustrating that practically everything in the mainstream media is about how the world sucks - the water is poison in Flint, the schools are toxic in Detroit, kids aren't learning much in a lot of the country, April Fool's Day has come and gone and none of the candidates for president said, "Ha ha, just kidding, these are the real candidates." 

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in real concerns of real people like how to raise sane, healthy children in an environment that often seems to be working against you, what makes people keep fighting for success despite the obstacles and just exactly how do you get those holier-than-thou I would never let my child play a game on an iPad or eat a doughnut stop being so fucking annoying. You know, real concerns.

Send an email to info@7generationgames.com if you want to be notified when our podcast comes out - soon - or to suggest topics, guests or further steps in world domination.

Thank you in advance,

Maria and AnnMaria, Your Future Media Overlords

------




No comments: