Thursday, July 31, 2008

No one's head ever comes off: Matwork tip

SNEAKERDOODLE ZEBRA JUDO

No one's head ever comes off, this important tip for matwork seems to be missed by many people trying to escape from pins.

This week's video blog was filmed a week ago as judo is at camp in Big Bear this week. Next Thursday, Julia has her own idea on belt promotions, so you can check back for that.




P.S. There IS practice tomorrow morning, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., West Coast Judo Training Center, 123 South First St., La Puente, CA. Show up !


P.P.S. July issue of Growing Judo can be found here
http://judoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=28388

2 comments:

Scott H said...

thanks for the tip!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Rhonda for getting the bronze-the first medal in women's judo for the U.S. since it went official in 92. Awesome job!

Since I train on Saturdays with her mother, I feel like I finally have at least a tenuous connection to somebody famous. True, Rhonda doesn't really know me at all, but please let her know that I am more than willing to be part of her posse when she starts hitting the red carpet events- I'm ready for movie premieres and bags of free stuff.
OK, even if I dont make the posse, congrats again to both of you. See you this Saturday at the training center.

Sean Jacobs